"Rudolph" Lunchbox for Christmas
Your child will feel the Christmas spirit with this “Rudolph” Lunchbox!
It is very easy to make at home... a joyful idea indeed!
- 2 slices of toast (whole wheat or white depending on the child’s preference)
- Sandwich filling
- Cheese slice
- Black olives
- Strawberry or red pepper
- First start by spreading the sandwich with any filling you choose (hummus, labneh, turkey, zaatar, etc)
- Using a piping tip or a water bottle cover (any circular shape you will find in the kitchen) cut two circles out of sliced cheese making Rudolph’s eyes.
- Stick the eyes on your toast using a little bit of labneh or cream cheese as a gluing mean.
- Use two circular slices of black olives for Rudolph’s pupils.
- Cut the tip of a strawberry (or a circular shape of a red bell pepper) to be used as Rudolph’s red nose, and again glue it with cheese or labneh onto your toast.
- Use pretzels for the ears, and voila your Rudolph sandwich is ready.
*If you are worried about things falling apart, you can wrap the sandwich with cling film. And since things get busy in the morning, it is fine totally to prepare this sandwich a night before and keep it in the fridge overnight.